check nfs service

Hi.

I wonder How could I verify if there is a specific service runnin'.
 I mean in a script.

This is due to I have to linux boxes with each one mounting a filesystem
from the other. but one of then is shuting down every day and I have to
log in and run /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs {stop|start}.

the question is How could I (maybe in a cron) verify if the nfs filesystem
is mounted and if not run nfs stop and nfs start.

thxs. Alexis.