eth1 delayed under DHCP

Hello,

I installed seawolf on a Dell Inspiron 8K. Everything installed without
any problems. All RH updates (including the kernel 2.4.3) have been
applied.

The installation detected both the ethernet card on the docking station
(eth0) and the internal one (eth1). I have eth0 setup for my DSL at home
(static IP address) and eth1 for DHCP at work.

The docking station ethernet works flawlessly under both seawolf and
win2K, and the internal ethernet card works fine using DHCP under Win2K.

However, when I try to bring up eth1 under linux with netcfg, I get a

"delaying eth1 initialization"

message and the thing gets stuck there.

I have ipchains running, and at first I thought that was the problem.
However, using lokkit, I selected "high security" and checked DHCP. The
file /etc/sysconfig/ipchains has two lines that I believe are the right
ones, although I am not sure:

-A input -s 0/0 67:68 -d 0/0 67:68 -p udp -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
-A input -s 0/0 67:68 -d 0/0 67:68 -p udp -i eth1 -j ACCEPT

Any guesses as to what the problem could be or how I could start
troubleshooting it?

Thanks a lot,

Marcelo