Re: lilo and windows NT

There's a Linux+NT Howto...

But briefly:
Use a DOS boot floppy to restore the MBR with DOS fdisk:
A:\> fdisk /mbr
Boot Linux from the boot floppy. You did make a boot floppy?
Install lilo on the boot sector of the first ext2 partition.
If that's /dev/sda5, for example,
# dd if=/dev/sda5 of=bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1
Stick a new floppy in
# mformat a:
# mcopy bootsect.lnx a:
Boot NT, and copy BOOTSECT.LNX to C:\
Edit C:\boot.ini (you'll have to change attributes) and add
C:\BOOTSECT.LNX="Linux"

When you reboot, ntldr will show a new "Linux" option on the boot list.

HTH,
 Doc