Re: Flamebait; Was Re: lilo and windows NT

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 doc flybywire com wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Tom Diehl wrote:
>
> > Sure but I am remodeling my computer room and that machine is down (I am using my wife's
> > computer bleech). It will most likly be up in a day or so. What have you tried maybe I can help
> > that way? I always install lilo to the boot partition not to the mbr and make the linux boot
> > partition active. After that it is generally just a matter of configuring lilo as you would
> > for any other DOS partition (NTFS as far as I am concerned is just a dos partition. hehe.)
>
> Huh. Never tried exactly that. But I have testbed just waiting for
> something to break.... I'll try it tonight. Standard "other=/dev/hdXX"
> stanza?

Ok You got me to do it!! I plugged in my main linux box and booted it
Sooooo here is the lilo.conf

boot=/dev/hda1
map=/boot/map.lilo
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
default=linux
append="pci=biosirq hdc=ide-scsi"
vga=0x0f06
#% message=/boot/message

image=/boot/vmlinuz
	label=linux
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda5
	initrd=/boot/initrd.img

image=/boot/vmlinuz.old
	label=linux.old
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda5
	initrd=/boot/initrd.old.img

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.5-ac13-1
	label=2.4.5-ac13-1
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda5
	initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.5-ac13-1.img

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.5-ac9-1
	label=2.4.5-ac9-1
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda5

other=/dev/hda2
	loader=/boot/chain.b
	label=nt
	table=/dev/hda

--
......Tom		IGNORANCE: It's Amazing How Much Easier it is
tdiehl pil net		for a Team to Work Together When No One Has