Re: Flamebait; Was Re: lilo and windows NT

Thomas Dodd wrote:

> I may have had someother problem that led to ntldr
> on a fat partition, but when I installed NT on hdb1
> with NTFS, it said I needed a FAT partition on
> hda to do it (using NT's names for the drives :)

WinNT wanted a FAT partition because you put WinNT on hdb. All flavours
of DOS and Windows want to be on hda! You can get around this by
remapping the harddisks in the BIOS with lilo in the other=hdb section
of lilo.conf, see the lilo.conf posted by someone earlier in this thread
or the thread without the flamebait.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker