Re: Rage 128

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Edward Konetzko wrote:

>Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:54:47 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Edward Konetzko <konetzed mnstate edu>
>Subject: Rage 128
>
>We just got 30 new p4 Gateway workstations. Ok machines.  I need to get X
>working I did install in graphical mode.  But i cant get any anything to
>run I have tryed every ati driver, genric drivers and the unsuported card
>x servers.  Nothing seems to work. When I do an lspci I get "vga compatable
>controller : ATI Technologies inc: Unknown device 5446"   Could it be that
> Gateway had a custom video card made? Uncomapatible Mo board. Another thing
>that would help is if anyone knows what x server starts for a graphical
>install.

Unsupported ATI card at this time.  You can get it to work
aparently by overriding the chipset to 5246 in the config file
though.

    Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Open Source advocate
       Opinions and viewpoints expressed are solely my own.
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. Thy programs
run, thy syscalls done - in kernel as it is in user!