Re: ntp setup for a local server and a few clients to that server

I set up one machine to go to an internet server, in my case otc2.psu.edu.
So now I have a server that is syncing to either a secondary or tertiary,
can't remember which.
do this by changing the server line in /etc/ntp.conf from 127.127.1.0
to 128.118.25.3. BTW this server's ip is 192.168.1.1

All my other nodes are setup with the server line to have 192.168.1.1 in the
ntp.conf file.

192.168.1.1 syncs, from the internet, the others sync to 192.168.1.1.

HTH