Re: ntp setup for a local server and a few clients to that server

On 30 Jul 2001 20:43:37 -0500, Charles R. Tersteeg wrote:
> I've read over the ntp howto and a few other articles about ntp and i'm
> confused as LL.

To setup ntp on a 7.1 box...funny i just did this on my home machine
yesterday.

$ chkconfig ntpd on
$ echo -e "clock.isc.org\nclock.via.net\ngpstime.trimble.com" >
/etc/ntp/step-tickers
$ service ntpd start

That's it. I just chose these three servers because of proximity. Here
is a list of level 1 NTP public servers; jsut pick a couple near you. If
DNS doesn't work, you should use IP's instead.

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock1.htm

--Chris