Re: ntp setup for a local server and a few clients to that server

Markku thanks ...

I uncommented those lines and you were right about the firewall config.
All seems to be working now on the server, but my clients have this
output from ntpq -p
==============================================================================         16 u    -   64    0    0.000    0.000
*LOCAL(0)        LOCAL(0)        10 l   51   64  377    0.000    0.000

any ideas?  i don't understand really how the server can have 123 socket
connected to the internet to get time as well as serve time from that
same socket to the clients?  if someone had a bit of time to explain
this, i would sleep better tonight.

one of those guys who can't sleep if it don't workie,

This is my client ntp.conf file:

server     #ip of ntp server for network

server     # local clock
fudge stratum 10

logfile /var/log/ntp.log        # me added for sanity sake

file /etc/ntp/drift
multicastclient                 # listen on default
broadcastdelay  0.008

authenticate no