RE: IMAP

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, John Leeuw wrote:

- One of the more simple problems I have encountered is how do you
- support a centralized addressbook with an IMAP implementation.
- Sure you can have shared folders, but those folders can only
- contain email messages.  It would be a REAL pain the a** to have
- to setup everyone on the network with their own addressbook and
- have to manage keeping them all up to date.  I have since
- discovered that both Mulberry and Eudora have the ability to
- create a centralized addressbook, each using their own unique
- solution.

I don't now if this works elsewhere but pine creates a shared addres
book for IMAP disguised as an email message.  That works for me on my
home server but I only have a few users.  LDAP is probably a better
approach for a large user base.

--
--Stephen Carville http://www.heronforge.net/~stephen/gnupgkey.txt
Government is like burning witches:  After years of burning young