Re: kernel trouble

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Ian Firla wrote:

> >     There must be a way of doing that, but I don't know it.  Instead you
> > could copy the kernel rpm's from Redhat's site or from a mirror, then
> > install them yourself, after finding out how such a thing is done -- see
> >
> > http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/kernel-upgrade/kernel-upgrade.html
> >
> > One of the effects of the procedure will be to update the rpm database.
>
> but on the effect of doing that will be to "upgrade" my 2.4.16 kernel to
> 2.4.9...

    Ok.  So maybe you can't get as recent a version rpm as you'd like from
RedHat, and you have to either use an older version or get a more recent
one from elsewhere.  For example, from http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/
one may search for "kernel" and find rpm's for kernels up to 2.4.17-1 on
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/PLD/current/dists/nest/PLD/i686/PLD/RPMS/

--
Steven Yellin