ypserver dying eventually ?

Hi,

I'm responsible for a bunch of linux machines with RedHat 7.1, kernel
version 2.4.9-6. The machines are organized in such a way that we have
a yp domain and one ypserver machine to distribute especially passwords
among all machines without having to enter the user accounts on each
machine separately. This does work in principle but every once in a
while the ypserver process on the NIS server machine seems to die
and I can't see why this is happening. It results in the effect
(of course) that other users can no longer log into their machines,
as the user id is not known when the ypserver does not respond.

Is this some known problem with in the ypserver package? Or do I have to
change something with my NIS configuration? Anybody having similar
effects ??

Thanks in advance for any help,
kind regards,
Urte Fürst

--
                                                       \|/
                                                       @ @

                                                    Urte Fuerst
        _/_/      _/         _/_/_/         German Aerospace Center DLR
      _/   _/   _/         _/    _/         Institute of Aeroelasticity
     _/    _/  _/         _/ _/_/                  Bunsenstrasse 10
    _/    _/  _/         _/_/                    D - 37073 Goettingen
   _/    _/  _/         _/  _/            Phone:  +49 (0)551 709 2432
  _/   _/   _/         _/    _/           Fax:    +49 (0)551 709 2862
 _/_/_/    _/_/_/_/_/ _/      _/          e-mail: Urte Fuerst dlr de