Re: defrag in linux

> bulbultyagi now-india net in wrote:
>
> Hi all
> Does linux also suffer from fragmentation problems like windows ?
>
> How do we carry out defragmentation in linux ?

The Linux filesystem ext2 isn't likely to be affected by fragmentation
(like most of the Unix filesystems). For some more information on Linux
filesystems see the ext3-users-list archives for a thread named
"2GB of Waste? How can it be?"
at https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/ext3-users

Best regards,
Martin Stricker