Re: Fw: tranferring of bakup from linux to windows

Rahul Garg <rahul shaktipro com> writes:

> well, i checked ftpd, i couldnot find aything that tells about the copiying
> of dir. and subdir. recursively.

Basically, if you "get <dir>.tar.Z" it will tar/zip the directory tree
rooted in <dir> on the fly.

> i am also  looking for samba way or the tar-zip way out.

Have you seem my earlier message? You can do it to a directory on you
Linux box. Now change that to a samba-mounted windows share and you
are done...

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt NOSPAM computer org
"If it ain't broken, it has not got enough features yet."