Re: man problems on RH 7.1

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:45:59 +0100
Michal Kurowski <michal orfeus bioinfo pl> blurted:

> ABrady [kcsmart kc rr com] wrote:
> >
> > $ locate tbl
> > /usr/bin/gtbl
> > /usr/bin/tbl
> > $ rpm -qf /usr/bin/tbl
> > groff-1.17.2-7.0.2
> > $ rpm -qf /usr/bin/gtbl
> > groff-gxditview-1.17.2-7.0.2
> >
> > You might check that you have the package installed and/or the
> > binary is where it's supposed to be and/or the path is set properly.
> > The groff package is used for formatting man pages (among other
> > things). The other is used in xwindows, though I'm not clear on how.
>
> Exactly the same results for me.
>
> I've got several 7.1 machines ( identical ) and only one of them have
> problems.
>
> --
> Michal Kurowski
> <michal orfeus bioinfo pl>

Well, "man manpath" turns up a config file "/etc/man.config" which
refers to various paths plus the manpage for "man.conf" itself. And "man
groff" turns up references to the "-t" option that tells it to use tbl
for processing. I don't have the problem and would have trouble working
out its cause. But one of those might give you a clue about what to look
for and where to look.

--
I'm so hungry, I could almost eat health food.