Re: Seawolf-list digest, Vol 1 #1534 - 1 msg

Jeremy Cardon wrote:
I know, it seems to be fine now, but there were a couple of processes that
have caused some problems.  One was iftp, the other was lgn.  They were at
the top of the list all the time.  I am not sure where they came from.
Also, when I run a ps command, I get an error message that repeatedly
states:

sh: /tmp/.tmp: Too many open files in system

No clue what that means.

Thanks for the help.

Oh, that doesn't sound good. You may have been hacked. Are you certain that it was iftp and not lftp? Do a search on your system to see if you can find these programs (`locate iftp`, `locate lgn`). Try to get the top, ps, and free info when this happens. Have you kept updated security-wise?

Forrest