Re: Install boot on floppy

Which image did you use?

You should use boot.img

dd if=boot.img of=/dev/fd0

Ian

On Sun, 11 May 2003, kaktus2 wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've got some problems with installing a Seawolf distro on an old
> pentium 133 machine with 64 Mo RAM (EDO), that cannot boot on cdrom.
> So I made a boot floppy from the boot image in the images folder on CD1
> (I also made a driver disk with drivers.img)
>
> When I boot, I get the boot prompt. So I enter the text mode. The system
> starts loading initrd.img, and then vmlinuz. But it fails with this error:
>
>     Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.
>
> I've tried with linux dd mode, nofb mode, expert mode, but all fail with
> the same error.
> I can't figure out what I am doing wrong
>
> I've tried to boot a Knoppix distro on cdrom, with a boot floppy, and
> this one works fine.
> If Knoppix can be loaded, Seawolf can be installed, isn't it ??
>
> Thanks
>
> k.

Dr Ian Firla
Robert Graves Trust		| "A partial count of the software available
St John's College, Oxford       | in just one noncommerical Linux system
OX1 3JP - +44-(0)7855-310565	| would have cost about $1.9 billion to develop
http://www.robertgraves.org	| ... the way Microsoft does it" Bruce Perens