Re: Upgrading 7.1

Mark Cooper wrote:

Can anyone tell me the best/correct way to upgrade a Redhat 7.1 system?

First off, the system uses up2date so has all the latest ( 7.1 ) updates.
Which version should it be upgraded to 7.3, 8.0, or 9.0?
Should it be incrementally upgraded? For example 7.1->7.2->7.3 ?

I realise I could boot from one of the newer distrib's and go through the upgrade rather than fresh install routine, but I'll then need to go through the whole up2date routine again, is this correct?

Since Red Hat has shortened the support life of its releases you are best to go with the newest release which is 9. Also 9 is, in my opinion, the best standard release so far and being newer 9 has much less to update.

Update directly to 9, incrementing would do nothing.

-Joshua