[sos-devel] Localized output of commands, a bug or a feature?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 13:30:49 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm going through some details from a sosreport and a lot of the details
are in Japanese. I don't speak the language, but can understand the
important parts. However, I need to check the output on a system which I
can understand.

Example:
$ cat sos_commands/filesys/parted_-s_.dev.sdb_print
モデル: IBM ServeRAID M5015 (scsi)
ディスク /dev/sdb: 4193GB
セクタサイズ (論理/物理): 512B/512B
パーティションテーブル: gpt

番号  開始    終了    サイズ  ファイルシステム  名前     フラグ
  1    1049kB  4193GB  4193GB  xfs               primary

Readable fields:
# parted -s /dev/sda print
Model: ATA HITACHI HTS72323 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 320GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos

Number  Start   End    Size   Type     File system  Flags
  1      1049kB  525MB  524MB  primary  ext4         boot
  2      525MB   320GB  320GB  primary

So, my question is, should sosreport export LANG=C or similar so that
commands executed under sosreport will display their output in english?

Thanks,
Niels