[sos-devel] sosreport

Adam Stokes adam.stokes at canonical.com
Mon Mar 19 13:51:53 UTC 2012

Teodor,

I am forwarding your inquiry to sos-devel where a range of upstream
developers may answer your question.  To better understand the issue
could you give us a list of what modules may be hanging? Also I've done
some research into a possible way to enable timeouts in subprocess[1].
Once I get some feedback on it and a possible green light we'll have
some implemented upstream. However, on the flip side we should probably
dig into the modules and see what may be causing the hang.

    Hello,

    My name is Teodor Vizirov and I am in the Red Hat GSS team in Brno.

    I would like to ask you something regarding the sosreport. I tried
    all knowledge base solutions, but there is no real solution there.
    My question:
    Sometimes sosreport hangs at different modules. The workaround is to
    exclude the module and the sosreport will finish ok. However I have
    a customer who would like not to exclude the module but to run all
    modules.
    Can you give me a hint on what to do to fix the module hanging and
    to make the sosreport to complete successfully.

    Thanks in advance.

1: https://github.com/sosreport/sosreport/issues/14