[sos-devel] New plugin "gfs2.py" for collecting lockdumps for DLM, GFS2

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 16:29:30 UTC 2013

On 10/31/2013 04:07 PM, Shane Bradley wrote:
> Thanks for the response. I will take a look at this again and maybe a
> better approach would be to just have end user run multiple iterations
> of sosreport:
> # sosreport ...; sleep 30; sosreport ....; sleep 30; sosreport...

This could be a good interim option. One of the things we've discussed
around sos to make it more useful for this kind of targeted debugging is
to allow "profiles" to exist that specify some set of plugins and
options to use (e.g. a 'lockdump' profile in this case).

This might be a first step in that direction.

> I do agree with what you said, currently the plugin feels a bit hacky in
> a way because of libs I need do not exist. I will revisit this patch and
> see what I can do based on your feedback.

Let me know if there are specific additions we can make that would help
to facilitate this kind of feature. I'd really like to be able to
support this but I'd like us to do it in a manner that's generally
useful across multiple plugins rather than a one-off for each use case.

Regards,
Bryn.