[sos-devel] [Proposal] sosreport: Add timeout while copying specs

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 11:01:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 11:46:04AM +0530, Aruna Balakrishnaiah wrote:
> While doing a copy of specs there are possibilities of hang or the operation
> taking a very long duration to complete. Even in this case we might
> need a timeout parameter. Please suggest.

Issue #180:

https://github.com/sosreport/sos/issues/180

Short version: it's tricky to do this correctly. I have some ideas that
would yield most of the functionality without over-complicating the code
but as yet I've not had time to implement any of them.

Patches and suggestions welcome.

Regards,
Bryn.