[sos-devel] v2: plugins/selinux fixfiles options doesn't work as intended

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 19:49:56 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 05:08:41PM +0000, John Haxby wrote:
> I went with "keep_stderr=True" rather than "discard_stderr=False" because I
> don't like double negatives.  Originally, as well, I actually had stderr sent
> directly to /dev/null, but I decided to go with the simpler option of
> capturing it and throwing it away.
>
> I've at least created a sosreport and including the fixfiles option and
> everything looks OK but I'm willing to believe (more than willing) tbat I've
> overlooked something.

Hi John,

Thanks very much for working on this and sorry for the delay in getting this
reviewed and merged. I've been tied up with other project work since the
Christmas break and haven't been able to get to the patch backlog.

I've merged these now with a couple of minor tweaks for pep8 conformance
(shortening lines) and to shorten the name of the argument to 'stderr':

  https://github.com/sosreport/sos/commit/7b28857
  https://github.com/sosreport/sos/commit/476b7bc

As well as helping to keep the size of the command tuple down this means
we can extend the interface in future to e.g. allow capturing stderr
separately without having to rename it.

Regards,
Bryn.