[sos-devel] question about configuration file

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Tue Sep 29 17:45:01 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 01:33:28PM +0000, Collins, Brian (GE Corporate, consultant) wrote:
> sosreport -o anaconda,apache,bootloader,crontab,filesys,general,hardware,kernel,libraries,lsbrelease,memory,networking,nscd,ntp,openssl,pam,process,rpm,sar,sendmail,snmp,ssh,startup,system,udev,xinetd,yum,rhn,tomcat

It might help to explain why you want to exclude everything but a
particular whitelist of plugins: it's not the common way of using the
tool and although there are some existing users that do work this way
they tend to approach the problem using a wrapper script (e.g.
RHEV/oVirt and various Gluster sub-projects).

> works by enabling ONLY these modules while the config file looking as such does not:
> [general]
>
> #ftp_upload_url = ftp://example.com/incoming
> #gpg_keyring = /usr/share/sos/rhsupport.pub
> #gpg_recipient = support at redhat.com
> smtp_server = None
>
> [plugins]
>
> enable = anaconda, apache, bootloader, crontab, filesys, general, hardware, kernel, libraries, lsbrelease, memory, networking, nscd, ntp, openssl, pam, process, rpm, sar, sendmail, snmp, ssh, startup, system, udev, xinetd, yum, mysql, rhn, tomcat

See my other reply - an 'enable' option has never existed in this file -
the documentation is pretty complete: there just are not that many
options available in sos.conf.

Regards,
Bryn.