[sos-devel] Fedora sos package maintainership

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 16:32:42 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 05:25:41PM +0100, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> looks like nobody is willing to maintain sos packaging on Fedora.
> I'm volunteering for Fedora packaging, ascked ACL permission on

Hey Sandro,

Right - Fedora packaging has been wanting for quite a while: the
problem is that I'm the only current maintainer, and although sos
is still part of my 'day job', I get very little time to dedicate
to the package these days - and most of that is spent keeping the
upstream repo in shape and getting releases done.

If you're happy to work on Fedora packaging, that would be great:
the only thing we want to avoid is short-term maintainers who
come in, make a few changes, and then leave (sounds daft, but it
has been a problem with sos in Fedora in the past).

You've been involved with the project for a few years now and I
know your track record from other projects I've seen you working
on so that's not going to be a concern here.

If you'd like to take it on we can get FAS permissions etc. set
up - we are aiming to have 3.4 out upstream next month, but the
packages are quite out-of-date now so you may want to push out
an update before that happens.

I'll get the FAS bits done & we can sync up via mail or IRC to
work any details out.

Regards,
Bryn.