[sos-devel] SOS release planning

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri May 11 14:00:28 UTC 2018

Hi,
I see SOS 3.7 has been planned for October 15, 2018 according to
https://github.com/sosreport/sos/milestone/9

I also see that Fedora 29 GA has been planned for 2018-10-23 according to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/29/Schedule
This leaves 8 days from Fedora build of sos 3.7 and the GA.

Giving that sos 3.6 was planned for 2018-04-18 according to
https://github.com/sosreport/sos/milestone/8 while Fedora 28 was planned
for 2018-05-01 leaving 12 days from a hypothetical Fedora build of sos 3.6
and the GA, considering sos 3.6 has already 23 days of delay on the plan, I
would suggest to reconsider 3.7 GA date giving a larger margin before
Fedora 29 GA if you want sos 3.7 included in Fedora 29 in order to be
tested by Fedora community (and oVirt community) before RHEL 7.6 GA which
should tentatively come later than Fedora 29 GA (not giving dates since
there's nothing official)

Looking at 3.6 planning at https://github.com/sosreport/sos/milestone/8,
already delayed by 23 days with still 14 issues open, I would also suggest
to reconsider either 3.6 release date or push out the issues to 3.7 and
release 3.6 ASAP.

Thanks,
--

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbonazzo at redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>
<https://redhat.com/summit>