[sos-devel] Writing sos plugin for SQL Server on Linux

Pavel Moravec pmoravec at redhat.com
Thu May 24 11:03:16 UTC 2018

Creating PR directly is IMHO fine, you can get better feedback there
pinpointing to particular lines etc. - a code review is better to be done
in github PR than via mail.

Basically plugin seems ok, few points:

- pep8 formatting :)
- instead of pure URL with mssql.conf format, it is (also) worth explaining
what the further code performs
- catch exception when the config file is not present or readable
- aren't you interested in collecting the mssql_conf file itself (but if
so, can't it contain some credentials we should obfuscate? if so, see e.g.
https://github.com/sosreport/sos/blob/master/sos/plugins/openstack_ansible.py#L30
how to do that)

Kind regards,
Pavel