[Spacewalk-list] Re: [Spacewalk-devel] Need for 3 "views" of channels?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 09:16:55 UTC 2008

Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Justin Sherrill wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On the "Channels" page we currently have 3 different lists
>> ("Relevant", "All", and "Retired").  This made sense for hosted, but
>> for us can we rip out the "Relevant" and "Retired" lists?
>>
>> Currently a channel is relevant if it is x86 (32bit),  you have a
>> system subscribed to it, or it is a custom channel.  IMHO a channel
>> should be relevant if it exists on the satellite.
>
> -1
> We have in Brno satellite with a lot of channels in several arch (i386,
> x86_64, ppc) and if I have only i386 machine registered to this
> satellite, the "Relevant" shows only relevant (ie. i386) channels.
>
> My vote say: leave it as it is.

OK, my previous comment was crap. Now I tried it and you are correct.
But I still do not agree that "Relevant" should display all available on
sat.
How I would like it:
"Relevant" - channels to which my login have registered at least one
machine.
"All" - channels to which my organization have entitlements.
"Retired" - Dunno, how many users have something there...

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat