[Spacewalk-list] Proxy server?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 11:17:52 UTC 2008

Jason Ganovsky wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I can't seem to find anything in the Wiki that explains the proxy server
> setup.
>
> Is the proxy not ready to go yet, or are the docs just catching up?

There si proxy packages in repo. But...
a) they have broken dependencies now
b) there is no way how to install it anyway. Current installer is only
from WebUI and expect special proxy channel which is only presented in
rhn.redhat.com.
So I started to work on command line installer. It live in
proxy/installer directory in git repo.
I have now dozen of commit prepared in my working dir and I expect them
to push later today. It will fix the dependency and namespace problem.
On Friday I will write some documentation on wiki. And on beginning of
next week I'm going to rebuild packages and push them in repo.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat