[Spacewalk-list] yum metadata error

Laszlo BERES beres.laszlo at sys-admin.hu
Tue Aug 19 14:54:45 UTC 2008

Guys,

am I doing something wrong? I've installed a spacewalk server, worked
like a charm until now. Today I see the error message below:

[root at blondie ~]# yum whatprovides */logtail
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin
livna
                                                              | 2.1 kB
   00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2
                                                              | 253 kB
   00:00
fedora-9-i386
                                                              | 1.2 kB
   00:00
primary.xml.gz
                                                              | 1.8 MB
   00:00
fedora-9-i386                                                  5584/5584
filelists.sqlite.bz2
                                                              | 335 kB
   00:00
filelists.xml.gz
                                                              | 7.8 MB
   00:00
Error: failed to retrieve repodata/filelists.xml.gz from fedora-9-i386
error was [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum

Cleaning the cache on the client didn't help. I don't see anything
extraordinary on spacewalk's side.

--
Laszlo BERES  RHCE, RHCX   senior IT engineer, trainer
Red Hat, Fedora, CentOS, SELinux:  http://sys-admin.hu