[Spacewalk-list] Rh 5 installation failing

Giorgio Zarrelli Giorgio_Zarrelli at saes-group.com
Thu Aug 21 14:44:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

I was trying to install Spacewalk on a  RH 5:

Linux 2.6.18-92.1.10.el5 #1 SMP x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)

I was following this document:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall

After I managed to setup the repo, I tried to install Spacewalk:

yum install spacewalk

But it ended in:

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(DateTime) >= 0.1705 is needed by package
perl-DateTime-Format-Mail
Error: rhn-base conflicts with php

So, two questions:

1. Since "yum update" answers "No Packages marked for Update", it seems I
can't get an rpm with a Date::Time module higher then the one already
installed:

rpm -qi perl-TimeDate
Name        : perl-TimeDate                Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.16                              Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 5.el5                         Build Date: Wed Jun 27
19:18:50 2007
Install Date: Thu Jul 10 15:29:59 2008      Build Host:
js20-bc2-11.build.redhat.com
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM:
perl-TimeDate-1.16-5.el5.src.rpm
Size        : 65523                            License: GPL or Artistic
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon Jul  2 16:39:54 2007, Key ID 5326810137017186
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://search.cpan.org/dist/TimeDate/
Summary     : A Perl module for time and date manipulation
Description :
This module includes a number of smaller modules suited for
manipulation of time and date strings with Perl.  In particular, the
Date::Format and Date::Parse modules can display and read times and
dates in various formats, providing a more reliable interface to
textual representations of points in time.

So, where to get an higher version?

2. Since php is needed for another application, I wouldn't like to
uninstall it. How to get rhn-base and php together?

Thank you for your help.

Giorgio Zarrelli

************************
This message and any attachments are confidential,  privileged and/or
otherwise protected
from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any
unauthorized review,
use, reproduction, disclosure, modification and/or dissemination is
strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying immediately to
this message. Do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for
any purpose, or
store or copy the information in any medium.