[Spacewalk-list] Error downloading packages via web interface

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Dec 5 11:05:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Laszlo BERES wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> we've just met a strange error. A colleague of mine tried to download a
> package via spacewalk web intercafe, but got the message below:
>
> Download Error - Malformed URL
>
> You have attempted to download a file, but the URL you have used is
> malformed. Please check the URL for any copy-paste errors. If you have
> confirmed the URL is correct, please contact your local administrator
> for assistance.
>
> It's interesting that all kind of package jobs are correct: yum or
> up2date on clients work right, only the web-based downloading drops that
> error.
>
> I don't see any error messages in the logs.
>
> Any ideas?

I had the *exact* same problem with a machine upgraded from 0.1 -> 0.2 -> 0.3.
and I couldn't work it out either.  I repeated the upgrade 0.1 -> 0.3 from a
backup, and all came out right and it works just fine.

Mine also listed the packager as Unknown rather than CentOS once the
successful upgrade had been done.

jh

--
"Committee - a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group
  decide that nothing can be done."                   -- Fred Allen