[Spacewalk-list] Package Pushing Errors

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 20:46:52 UTC 2008

Hi all,

	I'm having a hell of a time pushing packages to spacewalk.  I've been
working on this for a while and I just can't figure out what the problem
is.  For some channels, it seems to work fine.  For others, it doesn't
work at all.

	I'm trying to sync and push the entire CentOS 5.2 install.  The
reposync runs and completes with no errors.  The push is where I have
problems.  Here's an example of the output :

[root at sw CentOS]# rhnpush -vvvv -d /usr2/download/centos-5.2/base/CentOS
-c centos-5.2 -u myuser -p mypass --newest --server https://localhost/APP
Uploading files from directory /usr2/download/centos-5.2/base/CentOS
Connecting to https://localhost/APP
Connecting to https://localhost/APP
url is https://localhost/PACKAGE-PUSH
Result codes: 200 OK
Computing md5sum and package Info .This may take sometime ...

ERROR: unhandled exception occurred: (Timeout Exception).
[root at sw CentOS]#

The user and pass are correct and do work for other repositories such as
the spacewalk-client-tools repository.  I *think* the problem has
something to do with calculating the md5sum and the length of time that
takes for 2000+ packages.  I have not been able to identify a suitable
workaround for that, however.  Any thoughts?

--
Jason Frisvold
xenophage0 at gmail.com