[Spacewalk-list] Problems activating client

Moussa, Tarek tarekm at infosec.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 11 22:31:21 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm having a problem activating my first CentOS client on a spacewalk install, and I'm relatively certain that it's because I don't have an activation key for the base channel.

I have been working through the wiki doc at:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients

and the "Before Starting" says that I should create an activation key, but it doesn't exactly point out how to do it, and after looking through other docs, I am unsure which ones lead to the creation of an activation key.

I'd really appreciate it if you guys could point me in the right direction.

-Tarek