[Spacewalk-list] Registering RHEL4/5 systems with Spacewalk.

travellig travellig travellig at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 10:11:52 UTC 2008

Group,

Spacewalk provide an excellent opportunity to centrally manage SL, OEL,
CENTOS and RHEL (no luck so far) boxes. Something, which is not possible
with the current paying product (only RHEL and patching Solaris)

I have succeed in registering OEL and SL but I have not had much luck with
RHEL.

We have product licenses for the RHEL boxes so is not a question of trying
to cheat RH here. We are happy to pay for the product and we are, it is
company policy to not use software, which is not licensed. However, we have
a dilemma here, if we use Satellite then we can not centralised management
for the rest of the state and it seems to be that if we use SW then we
cannot manage RHEL !

I am using registration keys for registering systems, as I said above they
work for SL, OEL, CENTOS but not for RHEL.

Is this intended ? or am I doing something wrong ?

Best regards,

--
travellig.