[Spacewalk-list] Cobbler Spacewalk integration

Matthew Barr mbarr at communityconnect.com
Thu Jul 3 16:40:03 UTC 2008

You're going to make me a very happy person when we get baremetal &
para-virt (xen)  builds working from Spacewalk + Cobbler.

At this point I've migrated my kickstart logic from Satellite ->
Cobbler, so I'm happy to provide any type of testing you might want.

Also, how will this affect activation keys, and such?  Best practices
for Sat included activation keys which could be layerd, to avoid
having much of the content in the kickstart files directly.  With
templates & snippets, it'll be much easier to move the package install
sections from the activation key to the kickstart file.

That does bring up another question.  Now that we have more control,
will it be possible to clone the groups file & kickstart trees from a
what was a RHN channel over to a custom base channel?

But overall, I can't wait.

Matthew Barr
Community Connect  - Senior System Engineer
e:mbarr at communityconnect.com
c:347.682.8380
aim: matthewbarr1