[Spacewalk-list] Good news and....some questions

Anoop Bhat ABhat at trustwave.com
Thu Jul 3 20:14:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

I want to apologize to all for the excessive emails I've been sending lately. I hope they help someone at some point down the line. Maybe I can help those people too as I learn more and more.

I was able register a client successfully, after Pradeeps reply. That in and of itself is very exciting to see. Very cool stuff.

Under Systems -> All. The Updates column has a "Warning" symbol that when clicked leads to an "Internal Server Error" page. Same for the Packages column.

The System column on the same page shows "unknown" for my very first host even though /etc/sysconfig/network had a value for hostname prior to registration. Any ideas how this can be fixed?

If I click on my "unknown" system, I get a status message that shows it is up to date but the System Overview page shows a warning symbol as mentioned above.

At this point, I'm really just trying to manage the systems and get those features working. The kickstarts seem to be working well but I'll be testing further on Monday. Also, I'm going to try and dig deeper into the developer docs as they seem to be written quite well and it seems fairly straight forward (for now).

Thanks again for all the hard work that you guys have done. This is truly a great project.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Anoop