[Spacewalk-list] unsigned rpms with yum & spacewalk

alpha beta mytechacc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:21:11 UTC 2008

Greetings.

I've encountered a problem pushing unsigned packages to centos
clients.  rhel clients work fine because, I presume, I can say
useGPG=no in the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date config)

here's the example scenario:

packageA exists in Spacewalk Channel
#
#yum install packageA
[...]
#Package packageA-2.20-dev.i386.rpm is not signed
#

spacewalk install  reports the same
Client execution returned "Error while executing packages action:
Package packageA-2.20-dev.i386.rpm is not signed [[6]]" (code -1)

there's doesn't seem to be any impact by adding useGPG=0 to the CentOS
client's up2date file either.  any ideas?

thanks

-zaq