[Spacewalk-list] CentOS 4?

Rob See rob at rsee.net
Tue Jul 15 15:36:20 UTC 2008

Jon,

    The NVREA issue does have something to do with it in this case. Cent
has 2 issues that I have run into... They have named a couple packages
the exact same thing in cent 4 and cent 5. There were less than 10
packages that fell into this category. The other problem that I have run
into with cent5 is storing the i386 and x86_64 in the same org. In some
cases Cent will take the i386 package, use it in the i386 distro, and
then resign the exact same package 5 minutes later and put it into the
x86_64 distro... changing the md5sum. I've had to go through, find
duplicates between the two, delete one version and symlink to the other.
The NVREA proposed fix will fix both of these problems (I believe.)

-Rob

--

Rob See