[Spacewalk-list] satellite-sync in Spacewalk?

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 20:38:04 UTC 2008

If you want to use rhn.redhat.com services, then you need a certificate
that can be validated against hosted. You will need to contact a red hat
sales associate for that and essentially falls under the enterprise
category where you have to pay for the entitlements. But if you wanna
use your own, create your own cert(using
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/CertCreation ), you should make
your satellite a disconnected one using this cert as follows.

* rhn-satellite-activate --disconnected --rhn-cert=<your-custom-cert>

and then use the content export tool or channel dumps to extract and
sync back to your content to new spacewalk servers.

~ Prad

Jason Ganovsky wrote:
> What should I point to with --rhn-cert?  When I setup Spacewalk I didn't
> create any special entitlement certificates, is that something I need to do
> for this step?
>
> On Tuesday 15 July 2008 4:06 pm, you wrote:
>
>> Please follow this :
>>
>> * Register you server with RHN (in your case )
>>
>> * rhn-satellite-activate --rhn-cert=<your-cert>
>>
>> * then satellite-sync -l
>>
>> Lemme know if this helps,
>>
>> ~ Prad
>>
>> Jason Ganovsky wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, so far no go.
>>>
>>> The machine where spacewalk is running is registered with RHN.  When I
>>> try and run satellite-sync I get the following
>>>
>>> [root at spacewalk ~]# satellite-sync -s http://rhn.redhat.com
>>> --list-channels --debug-level=6
>>> 15:43:04 Red Hat Network Satellite - live synchronization
>>> 15:43:04    url: https://rhn.redhat.com
>>> 15:43:04    debug/output level: 6
>>> 15:43:04    +++ Satellite synchronization tool checking in.
>>> 15:43:04
>>> 15:43:04
>>> ERROR: there was a problem synchronizing the information.
>>>        Error message: [('SSL routines', 'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE',
>>> 'certificate verify failed')]
>>>
>>> If I then run
>>>
>>> [root at spacewalk ~]# satellite-sync -s http://rhn.redhat.com
>>> --list-channels --no-ssl --debug-level=6
>>> 15:57:04 Red Hat Network Satellite - live synchronization
>>> 15:57:04    url: http://rhn.redhat.com
>>> 15:57:04    debug/output level: 6