[Spacewalk-list] Problems with scheduled RPM install

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 21:31:03 UTC 2008

Did you run this  after scheduling the task? also try more -vvv as its a
incremental verbose. If there is no action this is what i expect:

# rhn_check -vvvv
D: opening  db environment /var/lib/rpm/Packages joinenv
D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages rdonly mode=0x0
D: locked   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Providename rdonly mode=0x0
D: do_call packages.checkNeedUpdate ('rhnsd=1',)
D: Called refresh_rpmlist
Updating package profile
D: local action status:  (0, 'rpmlist refreshed', {})
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Providename
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: closed   db environment /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: May free Score board((nil))

if there is an action it should get picked up and show you what action
is being processed. That should help debug easily.

~ Prad

Leonard Smith wrote:
> Prad,
> Thanks I tried a single 'v' and did not get anything.
>
> Thanks
> Len
>

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Pradeep Kilambi <pkilambi at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you try running manually and see what error its throwing? try this:
>>
>> * Schedule the action on the server
>>
>> * go to the client and run rhn_check -vvvvv
>>
>> This picks up the action and try to execute, should give you a better idea
>> on what the error is. Please paste the output of rhn_check so we could help
>> further.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> ~ Prad
>>
>> Leonard Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I have a target system setup and I scheduled for it to install an RPM,
>>> but it fails. Via the GUI I get
>>>
>>> Details:        This action will be executed after 2008-07-14 16:55:22
>>> EDT.
>>>
>>> This action's status is: Failed.
>>> The client picked up this action on 2008-07-15 15:33:07 EDT.
>>> The client completed this action on 2008-07-15 15:33:07 EDT.
>>> Client execution returned "Invalid function call attempted" (code 6)
>>> Packages Scheduled:
>>>
>>> I have been able to find anything in any logs for more details, etc.
>>> Any suggestion appreciated.
>>>
>>> Len

>> --
>> --