[Spacewalk-list] question about centos4 and 5 as clients

Leonard Smith lrsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 21:31:19 UTC 2008

For those interested and for the short term I put the RPMS  (src and
binary) that I used on centos 5.x up at
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lrsmith/Spacewalk/

I am running spacewalk on a stock CentOS 5.x server and connecting
using Centos 5.x clients.

The part that I was missing initially is that
rhel-instnum-1.0.7-1.noarch.rpm needs to be installed on the Spacewalk
server.
Also I had trouble with the 0.4.17-8 versiona, but the 0.4.16-2.9 worked fine.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Michiel van Es <michiele at info.nl> wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> If they are not too big (nog bigger then 5 MB ) could you mail them to me?
> We don't have a anonymous public ftp server but we can host the rpm's
> somewhere.
>
> kind regards,
>
> Michiel
>

> On 15-7-2008 13:54, Bob Huisman wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Currently I do not have a public webserver available to me, if you can
>> provide me with one I'll be happy to upload them for you.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bob

>>> rhn-client-tools
>>> rhnlib