[Spacewalk-list] some questions

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 19:03:36 UTC 2008

Michiel van Es wrote:
> [...]
>

> CentOS5_updates.repo
>

> #released updates
> [CentOS5_updates]
> name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
> mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=updates
> #baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
>
> And push the updates with rhnpush daily.
>
> I installed the client software described on:
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients
>
> The problem is that I will only see bind updates for my CentOS 5 clients
> on the server but when I run a yum update on the clients I find much more:
>
> [root at devgnudb01 scripts]# yum update
>   * base: ftp.nluug.nl
>   * updates: ftp.nluug.nl
>   * addons: ftp.nluug.nl
>   * centos5_updates: devmx01.buro.info.nl
>   * extras: ftp.nluug.nl
> base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> updates                   100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> centos5_updates           100% |=========================| 1.2 kB    00:00
> extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> Setting up Update Process
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package Deployment_Guide-en-US.noarch 0:5.2-11.el5.centos set to be
> updated
> ---> Package bind-libs.i386 30:9.3.4-6.0.2.P1.el5_2 set to be updated
> ---> Package bind-utils.i386 30:9.3.4-6.0.2.P1.el5_2 set to be updated
> ---> Package bluez-utils.i386 0:3.7-2.2.el5.centos set to be updated
> ---> Package bluez-libs.i386 0:3.7-1.1 set to be updated
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>
> Dependencies Resolved

>   Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
> Updating:
>   Deployment_Guide-en-US  noarch     5.2-11.el5.centos  centos5_updates
>    3.5 M
>   bind-libs               i386       30:9.3.4-6.0.2.P1.el5_2
> centos5_updates   8
>                           46 k
>   bind-utils              i386       30:9.3.4-6.0.2.P1.el5_2
> centos5_updates   1
>                           67 k
>   bluez-libs              i386       3.7-1.1          centos5_updates
>   55 k
>   bluez-utils             i386       3.7-2.2.el5.centos  centos5_updates
>    346 k
>
> Transaction Summary
> Install      0 Package(s)
> Update       5 Package(s)
> Remove       0 Package(s)
>
> Total download size: 4.8 M
>
> My questions:
>
> -Do I get trouble downloading CentOS4 and CentoS 5 updates with reposync
>   and pushing them in my satellite server?

do you still have the original (non Spacewalk) CentOS repos enabled in
your /etc/yum/repos.d/ files?

If so it could be trying to pull updates from both your Spacewalk server
and the CentOS repos which could be causing confusion.

how you have the repos enabled on your CentOS clients can help answer
the questions below.