[Spacewalk-list] some questions

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 19:05:54 UTC 2008

Michiel van Es wrote:
> Sorry for another question :)
>
> But if I want to provide the CentOS 5 packages (base, addons, updates
> and extras).
>
> What is the best way to create my channels?
> One base CentOS 5 channel and create 4 child channels for above repo's ?

that is one way, yes.  The other way would be to just jam them all into
one big channel.

It is up to you what you think is easier to manage. (1 large + 4 small
or 1 large)

> An do I have to point my CentOS 5 clients to the base channel or the
> different child channels?

If you did create 5 total channels (base, addons, updates, extras) you
would need to
make sure your clients were subscribed to all 5 channels.

Mike
--
Mike McCune
mmccune AT redhat.com