[Spacewalk-list] Systems not showing out of date in gui?

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 13:29:02 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have spacewalk up and running with about 15 systems on it.
Everything is running CentOS 5.2 (I've ignored by CentOS 4.6 machines
for now) ..  I have a main channel with the base install for CentOS
5.2 in it, and two child channels, one for redhat tools, and one for
CentOS updates.

There have been a number of updates released in the past few days
(php, ldap, bind, etc), but the gui is not showing any of these
systems as out of date.  However, if I drop to the CLI on any of those
machines and run yum, I can see the updates, from the spacewalk
server.  Any idea what may be going on here?

I had created a CentOS 4.6 and updates channel and attempted to push
the packages into them.  The updates channel received all of the
updates, but the main channel, thankfully, failed to push because I
had the wrong path in my script.  I have since deleted those channels,
however.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--