[Spacewalk-list] Is it possible?

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jul 22 11:53:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, troy.w.banther ( gmail ) wrote:

> Is it possible to set up a Redhat Enterprise Linux 5 "Beowulf" cluster and
> manage it via Spacewalk?

Yes, I can't think of a reason why you couldn't.

> I know how to set up a cluster in Debian but I've never done this in Redhat.
> Would anyone have a URL or a good set of instructions on how this is done?
> Then manage the systems with Spacewalk?

I don't quite understand the problem.  What's so magical about a cluster?
It's a head node (a machine) and a bunch of slaves (machines).  They have
installed on them software.

Which bit of this setup are you thinking is likely to prove most difficult
with Spacewalk?

jh

--
"It's like having the explorers' autographs, only more wonderful, because each
  has signed their name next to a hand-drawn penguin."