[Spacewalk-list] more kickstart blues

Zac Elston zac.elston at metavante.com
Tue Jul 22 17:27:11 UTC 2008

so I finally got a kickstart tree added.

the problem was adding the verbose flag causes the tree to not be
loaded because having output returned during lint signifies an error.

now having a tree available, I get the following error when trying to
use the tree during a profile creation.

--
This kickstart profile uses a base channel that is missing packages.
In order for all kickstart functionality to work correctly, the

all packages but auto-kickstart-ks-rhel-4.4-ks are in the channel.

question 1: where does the auto-kickstart-ks-rhel-4.4-ks rpm come
from?  it would appear from the name that this would be generated by
spacewalk but I don't see any documentation about it .
question 2:  can I make a tree for a channel that's a child?  it
appears not.  just wondering if that a limitation.

thanks

-zaq