[Spacewalk-list] more kickstart blues

Zac Elston zac.elston at metavante.com
Mon Jul 28 18:05:19 UTC 2008

On Jul 24, 2008, at 11:52 PM, Justin Sherrill wrote:

> It looks like you've gotten to the point where your kickstarts
> should be working.  The error saying your channel is missing
> packages is normal (since you aren't using a base red hat channel),
> and some things in the generated %post may fail, but the kickstart
> should succeed as a whole.  Are you able to kickstart?
>
> -Justin

sorry for the delay, I was out on holiday.

while I can now get tree's made based on distributions, I'm unable to
kickstart following the documentation on the spacewalk wiki.
the workflow is :

1:   select system
2:  select manage:
3:   select kickstart
4: select the distribution and profile, click schedule
5:  "Could not find the needed RHN provisioning packages given this
system's current base channel and desired target channel."

the target system is centos5.2, subscribed to the same channel
(parent-no children)

I get a similar message when trying to use Virtualization

1:   click system
2:  click "Virtualization"
3:  click "provisioning"
4:  fillin guest details, click "schedule kickstart and finish"
5:  "Could not find the needed Spacewalk provisioning packages given
this system's current base channel and desired target channel:
centos-5-2"

target has Entitlements:
[Virtualization Platform] [Provisioning] [Management]

thanks again for the assistance.  I'm wondering since i'm following
the documentation on 2 systems, has anyone followed it got it
working?  if so then i'm just not paying attention to something
obvious (very possible)

this fails for rhel and centos channels and trees copied from the dvds

-zaq