[Spacewalk-list] Question about Spacewalk

romain.pelissier at bell.ca romain.pelissier at bell.ca
Thu Jul 31 13:40:53 UTC 2008

Thanks for those very interesting answers.
I just want to add that I found the project very cool and interesting and I still want to use it. Not because it is free but because it is an excellent solution to manage and update your various systems.

- Can Spacewalk retrieve the different repos from RHN (redhat networks web site) for my different systems and how? Or is this even

http://www.redhat.com/spacewalk/faq.html#entitlements
?       No. Spacewalk cannot connect to RHN. However you can download channel dumps and import them using satellite-sync -m.

Can you describe a procedure to do the channel dump? We thought about various way to achieve this, like install a base system with a specific version (4.6 for ex), do and up2date and keep the rpm and then use satellite-sync -m to add those rpms to a channel in spacewalk. I don't know if there are more easy ways to do this.

Thanks

Romain