[Spacewalk-list] Need for 3 "views" of channels?

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 18:28:30 UTC 2008

Hi,

On the "Channels" page we currently have 3 different lists ("Relevant",
"All", and "Retired").  This made sense for hosted, but for us can we
rip out the "Relevant" and "Retired" lists?

Currently a channel is relevant if it is x86 (32bit),  you have a system
subscribed to it, or it is a custom channel.  IMHO a channel should be
relevant if it exists on the satellite.

Also, I believe it is causing some performance issues for some of the
larger users of the product with many many systems (checking to see if
one system is subscribed to each channel when you have 1000s of systems
and hundreds of channels is time consuming).

-Justin